We are happy to invite you to the Final Round of the 4th Evgeny Svetlanov Competition which will be held on September 8, 2018, at the Auditorium of Radio France.
The Final Round will be composed of two sessions :
2.00-5.30 p.m. (2 candidates)
6.00-9.00 p.m. (2 candidates)
=> Free admission upon prior reservation.
=> Reservations are open from August 20th, 2018 on Radio France webiste, here
=> Your reservation is valid for both sessions of the Final Round.
=> At the end of the Final Round, the audience will vote for their favorite candidate to recieve the Audience Prize.
Enjoy this truly exceptional experience !
Each of the 4 finalists will conduct an original programme with the Orchestre Philahrmonique de Radio France :
EVGENY SVETLANOV: “Daugava”, symphonic poem
OLGA VICTOROVA: “Svetlanov Planet” (jointly commisioned work by the Radio France and the Evgeny Svetlanov Competition)
A MAJOR SYMPHONIC WORK chosen by each finalist in the next list:
1. BALAKIREV: Symphony n°2 in D-Minor
2. BARTOK: Concerto for orchestra Sz. 116
3. CHAUSSON : Symphony in B-flat Major opus 20
4. D’INDY: “Jour d’été à la montagne” , symphonic poem opus 61
5. DVORAK: Symphony n°7 in D-Minor opus 70
6. DVORAK: Symphony n°8 in G-Major opus 88
7. DUKAS: Symphony in C-Major
8. FRANCK: Symphony in D-Minor
9. MENDELSSOHN: Symphony n°3 in A-Minor opus 56 “Scottish”
10. MOZART: Symphony n° 41 in C-Major K. 551 “Jupiter”
11. REGER: Variations and fugue on a Theme by Mozart opus 132
12. RIMSKY-KORSAKOV: Symphony n°2 opus 9 “Antar”
13. ROUSSEL: Symphony n°1 in D-Minor opus 7 “Le Poème de la forêt”
14. SCHUBERT: Symphony n°8 in B-Minor D. 759 “Unfinished”
15. SCHUMANN: Symphony n°3 in E-flat Major opus 97 “Rhenish”
16. SIBELIUS: Symphony n°2 in D-Major opus 43
17. SIBELIUS: Pelléas et Mélisande opus 46
18. STRAUSS: Aus Italien, symphonic poem in G-Major opus 16
19. TCHAIKOVSKY: Symphony n°2 in C-Minor opus 17 “Little Russia”
Hurry up and book your place! The number of tickets is limited.
See you on the Radio France website from August 20th.